23.7.10

shameless self promotion

As a freelance designer/artist I have come to appreciate the idea of "branding" oneself.  Here are a few things learned in my brief brainstorming process:

_I wanted my blog to have a vague name...something interesting but not something that would "pigeon hole" it.
_The name has to be completely unique (the hardest part)
_The name has to be versatile...something that can translate into a store name, a production company, a magazine etc. etc.

After a couple days of intense brainstorming, I finally came up with a name:
the hyper manikin


Not sure how focused I want it to be...or what I really want the blog to be about...but I feel like I shouldn't try to force anything...it will evolve naturally.

2 comments:

Lindsay Woods said...

I like the "manikin". something pose-able and fixed but with a dyanism that can be changed and added to, minimal and over the top.

Unknown said...

i like thinking ahead in terms of flexibility of the NAME, seems to work in all forms, misspelling is for clarity, not cheesiness. looking good so far. i wanted to be offended by the comments about how the french eat their cheese, but couldn't be, as it was actually interesting stuff i didn't know yet. nice.