2.11.10

glass menagerie final model

I had a lot of fun lighting this model.  It was interesting to go back and explore the show from a different perspective.  I wanted to create a space that was ethereal but at the same time had the menacing and heavy presence of a collapsed building.  The structural elements are inspired by rays of light through a fire stair.  I think if I take more photos, I would have some with the background structures totally blacked out, which I think would help soften the space.

Working on "The Hothouse" by Harold Pinter next.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

don't even buy scale furniture online! the details are perfect. this model is gorgeous. love the weightless weight of it all.

kaitlyn said...

instead of therapy i make little victrolas and 1940s dining sets.