4.4.10

a spring/summer project


If you are like me, I am constantly wrestling with my consumption of unnecessary things and the creation of unnecessary trash. I will be the first to admit that I am not the perfect steward of the land and do not represent the typical radical environmentalist. (So no i will not be dumping red paint on your pelts ladies.) However, in an attempt to reconnect with nature and have a do it yourself project, I started my own deck garden, complete with flowers, herbs and vegetables. I am fortunate to have a small deck, well more like a very wide and roomy fire escape. With my garden in place and a new garden for the urban dweller; the window farming project, I thought I would share different gardening options for those who want to add a touch of green into their lives. Plus now i can stop buying cilantro in bulk.
And here is the rest of it.

2 comments:

Kaitlyn said...

ive been trying to grow a little garden of herbs but our apartment windows get zero sunlight so any plants we have that need lots of sun, like basil, have to sit out in the courtyard.

are you actually going to try the "window farm?" it looks fun.

Amy said...

I would like to try it but the only windows in my house that get any sun are the ones in my bathroom and it would be too much moisture. So I am just going to stick to my deck garden until i run out of room out there.